Our commitment to protecting your privacy:
At Inala we are committed to protecting your right to privacy. We do not sell, rent or trade the information that we collect on this website. We maintain the necessary internal control systems to ensure that information is secure. We abide by the Federal Privacy Act 1998 and the amendments introduced on 21 December 2001, which applies to the private sector and not-for-profit organisations.
Information we collect and how we use it:
- Processing and receipting donations
- Respond to our supporters comments and/or questions
- Inform our supporters about our programs and activities
- Solicit support
- Improve the services and information that we provide
Disclosure of personal information:
- We do not sell, rent or trade the information that we collect.
- We will only disclose certain information if:
The disclosure is required or authorised by law.
The disclosure is needed in order for our contracted service providers (who are bound by privacy legislation) to assist us in tasks such as mailing or donation processing.
Changing and accessing your information:
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Supporters may contact us at any time if they wish to:
- Change their personal information (for example address or telephone number).
- Cancel some or all of the communications that we provide (we include opt-out mechanisms on the majority of our communications).
- Request access to the information that we hold about them (minimal administration fee may be charged).
All of our online payment forms are encrypted via a secure payment gateway. Supporters should not send confidential information via email since emails may be accessed by people other than those for whom they are intended. We do not use ‘cookies’ or any other methods to record information that is personally identifiable such as a visitor’s contact details, IP address, or domain name. We do use ‘cookies’ to anonymously track visits to our web pages and the documents that are downloaded in order to compile statistical information. This provides us with information about which pages are popular. If visitors prefer for ‘cookies’ not to be used, they may adjust their browser to disable them. If you choose to disable cookies part of this website may not function properly.
Online donations refund policy:
Before submitting your online donation, please review to ensure that your details and the amount of your donation are correct. Inala does not ordinarily refund donations. If you have made a genuine error with an online donation, please call our office during normal business hours on (02) 9680 1000 so that we can resolve the error with you. All transactions are processed in Australian Dollars (AUD).